Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Searching for a project truck - April 2007

So I have decided I want a 1960's Chevy C-10 truck. I looked at the different body styles and decided I didn't like the early 1962-1963 windshield. Here is an example of a 1962 Step side:



The 1967-1969 models were a bit to plain for my taste. Here is an example of a nice 1968:



So I have narrowed it down to a 1964-1966 Chevy C-10. I don't like the step-side style so fleet-side it is. So basically I am back to the truck I saw at the Lonestar Roundup.

Now that I had narrowed down my choice Cristy and I started searching craigslist for trucks. I was surprised how few fleet-side trucks were out there. We went a looked at a 1965 long bed that was in rough shape. After seeing the long bed in person I decided I wanted a short bed. I didn't know it at the time but short bed fleet-sides are the most difficult to find. Cristy and I searched for the next for the next five months to find one in decent shape.

No comments: