Thursday, May 19, 2011

Got my transmission today

UPS Freight dropped off my transmission today. I had a bit of an argument with Summit Racing about the delivery though. I paid for 'delivery to my door' shipping but it turns out what Summit Racing means by 'delivery to your door' is really a big rig trailer six feet off the ground out in the street in front of your house. When I called the UPS freight office to schedule the delivery I asked if they were coming with a lift gate truck. They said no and it would be an additional $135 bucks if I needed a lift gate. So I called Summit and asked why the trans wasn't coming on a lift gate. The customer service person then informed me what 'delivery to your door' really meant. I informed him that I thought that was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard in my life. He begrudgingly agreed and made an exception "just this one time" to cover the cost of the lift gate truck.

I got it unpacked and started test fitting the shifter and the parking brake lever.

No comments: